Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wee Willie w/ Candle

Good morning and happy Saturday!!
I (Calypso) am here to share a card I made using, all new goodies that I received in my last order form SweetStamps.
I have been seeing all the cool and wintery backgrounds being made using the distress inks and I just had to get on the wagon and try it.  For the my card today, I pulled out the following distress ink pads:  Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass and for the ground Antique Linen and Walnut Stain.  I know that the card does not look like it has all those colors, but trust me iI did!!  :) 

Once I colored the background,  I used White Dye ink to stamp Tiny Snowflake Border three times.  
I really did like how it looked, but I wanted to add a little something.  That little something was the Christmas Star stamp.   After coloring Wee Willie w/ Candle, I proceed to some fussy cutting therapy!!  LOL
I added extra white detail to the star.  To add a little more glow around the star, I dabbed my finger into the white dye ink and rubbed gently.  I did this several times, until I achieved my dissed look.
 For Wee Willie I used the following  Copic markers:E49,47, 44, 11, 00, 000, R59, 46, 37, 35

Products I used on today's project:

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Wonderful card

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Ww! This is amazing! All of the details and coloring!!! Just love it!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Looks wonderful, love how you created the starry background.